Craig Richards, Terry Francis & Keith Reilly
26 October 2018 / fabric Records
- fabric 100 - Craig Richards
- fabric 100 - Terry Francis
- fabric 100 - Keith Reilly
Closing the final chapter of the iconic fabric mix series as we know it, Craig Richards, Terry Francis and Keith Reilly step up for three separate mixes across one last triple CD package. As some of the most recognisable figures behind the beloved institution, their contributions bid farewell to the current format of one of the most important mix series in electronic music, crafted by the people who launched it.
Since its inauguration in 2001, the fabric CD series has provided a physical realisation of the club’s mission to support underground culture, documenting crucial developments in style and genre with an extensive list of artists, most of whom are now considered luminaries in the scene. The initial idea for a CD subscription service made the mixes accessible to a wide audience; as such, they served as a gateway into the club for music heads from all over, extending an arm to include them in its journey.
As a dependable stamp of quality, the invitation to participate in the series marks a career peak for many. Providing an essential reflection of the scene in London and beyond, a hundred unique entries detail the progression of electronic music in multiple directions over seventeen fruitful years.
fabric’s enigmatic co-founder Keith Reilly opened the venue in 1999 with simple requirements - good sound and space to dance. Often portrayed as a reaction to the increasing commercialisation of electronic music, the initial goals were more humble, owing simply to an urge for a reliable party space in London. With a clear focus on quality music and proper sound, fabric quickly elevated itself to a place of immense cultural importance, flying the flag for the underground without forcing an agenda - an approach which still resonates loudly today. A (truly) obsessive vinyl collector, this is Keith’s first contribution to the series, finally giving the booth to someone who has commandeered the sound of fabric since the day it opened.
Craig Richards and Terry Francis are fabric’s longstanding Saturday night residents, both of whom have gone on to enjoy illustrious careers whilst enjoying a consistent relationship with the venue. Both internationally respected DJs, they are known for their unique mixing styles and encyclopaedic music collections cultivated over many years of peak time sets in the cavernous main room, during which their craft grew immeasurably over the years.
Since launching the mix series with fabric 01, Craig Richards has gone on to become one of the world’s most treasured DJs. His signature style of blending old and new records into one cohesive groove has lent itself to countless legendary parties, club nights and festivals over the years, whilst his heady manipulations of tempo and pitch cement his status as a true pioneer. Full of quirks and with no regard for genre conventions, his early morning fabric sets undoubtedly helped shape the club into what it is today.
Sixteen years after releasing fabric 02, Terry Francis’ flawless mixing sustains his reputation as a pinnacle of the scene in the UK and beyond. Having previously made a name for himself in London’s underground clubland, his residency at fabric is credited with presenting his unique style to a worldwide audience. A master at reading the crowd and with an immense musical knowledge to back it up, his sets are unreservedly improvised, wandering in whatever direction feels right at the time.
fabric 100: Craig Richards, Terry Francis & Keith Reilly dives straight into the core of a Saturday night in the main room. All three mixes reflect decades of musical obsession, delving into the deepest corners of vast record collections acquired over many years to unearth unknown gems and essential grooves. Channelling the underground spirit which has grounded the club since day one, each DJ digs deep into their library for some of their most personal track choices.
All executed with their own unique flare and a hearty dose of personality, the three mixes of fabric 100: Craig Richards, Terry Francis & Keith Reilly are an homage to one of the world’s truly legendary clubs, capturing the essence of its parties across one final triple disc package.
Release page/pre-order: http://www.fabriclondon.com/store/fabric-100.html
Tickets to fabric’s 19th birthday: https://www.fabriclondon.com/fabric-is-19
Craig Richards and Terry Francis both play at fabric’s 19th birthday party on 20-22 October.
1. Monolake - Nmos [Imbalance Computer Music]
2. Alphacom - Journal Square [No Name Yet Records]
3. Solar X Brother Nebula - S.I.S. (Savile's Jetset Radio Remix) [Legwork Records]
4. Setaoc Mass - Flying Buttress [Figure]
5. D. Ball - Transition [Ourtime Music]
6. Larry McCormick - Ride Low [Shipwrec]
7. Simulant - New Machines [Scopex]
8. The Woodleigh Research Facility - The Question Oak [Rotters Golf Club]
9. Rutherford - Pseudo Judo [Talking Machines]
10. Reedale Rise - Lucid Flow [Where We Met]
11. Craig Richards - My Friend Is Losing His Mind [The Nothing Special]
12. Fred und Luna - Monotonikum [Optimo Music]
13. Nancy Noise - Azizi’s Dance (Andrew Weatherall Remix 1) [Beyond Paradise Recordings]
14. Reade Truth - Where Has Love Gone [Cartulis Music]
15. Simon Haydo - Obey? [Hivern Discs]
16. DMX Krew - Bush Baby Bug Eyes [Breakin' Records]
17. Detromental - Rewind [Central Processing Unit]
18. Mike Ash - The Fizz [Super Rhythm Trax]
19. Vectorvision vs Convextion - Zy Clone [Legwork Records]
20. Orgue Electronique - Suck Seed [Creme Organization]
1. Patrick Di Stefano & Luca Doobie - Get Through (Inxec Remix) [OFF Spin]
2. Jamie Fairley - Round ‘n’ Round [1trax]
3. Jose Vizcaino - Vicious Vision [Kinetic Groove]
4. Joeski - Cross Over (feat. Jesante) [Viva Recordings]
5. Audiojack - Turya [Crosstown Rebels]
6. Gel Abril - Carpet Sneak [mobilee records]
7. Mauri Fly - Red Tribal ( Silvano Del Gado Remix) [Stereophonic]
8. Blue Wig - No Ignorance (Part 1) [Eye 4 Sound]
9. Pure Science - The Way We Use To [Pure Science Communications]
10. Argy - Love Dose [Poker Flat Recordings]
11. Kevin Yost - Dancer Dancer [mobilee records]
12. Andre Salmon - Where Is The Salmon [Family Matters Records]
13. Francesco Robustelli - After Midnight [Dogmatik Records]
14. Jaded & James Petrou - Toni’s Pain (INXEC's Morphine mashup) [Beef Records]
15. Terry Francis - Wipeout [Eye 4 Sound]
16. Tiefschwartz – Oberton [Souvenir]
17. Terry Francis - Emotional Blackmail [Eye 4 Sound]
18. Funtopia feat. Jimi Polo - Do You Wanna Know (Club Mix) [Two Tribes]
19. Creep Show - Safe and Sound [Bella Union]
1. Vondelpark - California Analog Dream (Robag's Moppa Habax NB) [R&S Records]
2. Alex Attias Presents Mustang - Finding Who We Are (feat. Colonel Red) (Quarion Dub) [Compost Records]
3. SIOPIS - Really Love Ya [Get Physical Music]
4. Taube - Belle La Vie [Taube]
5. Low Deep T - Casablanca [cut&play Records]
6. Eddie Richards & Gideon Jackson - Biscuit Barrel Blues [London Housing Benefit]
7. Eddie Richards – Droids [Plastic City]
8. Rancido - Devil’s Den [Connaisseur Recordings]
9. Hanna Haïs feat. Sandra Nankoma - Mwala Wei’ka (Original Mix) [Open Bar Music]
10. Hyenah - Tale Of The Dirt feat. Aquarius Heaven (Rampa Remix) [Freerange Records]
11. Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Ordinary (Mick Rubins Deep) [Musik Gewinnt Freunde]